Where learning, laughter, challenge and community responsibility are encouraged and celebrated!
Admission to nursery is not covered by Statute but is the policy for The Golden Thread Alliance.
Children are normally considered for admission to our nursery classes a calendar year before they are due to enter Reception. Where spaces are available younger children will be considered and offered places.
Admissions criteria for allocating nursery places are as follows:
- Children in Local Authority Care or Previously in Local Authority Care
- Current Family Association
- Health, Social and Special Access Reasons
- A Child of Staff at the School
- Children Eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium
- To be eligible under the second criterion, the sibling must still be attending the mainstream school when the younger child takes up a place in the nursery.
- A place in the nursery does NOT guarantee a place in the Reception class of the mainstream school. Therefore a separate application MUST be made for admission to the main school.
Applications should be made directly to Temple Hill Primary Academy.
30 hours of free childcare Fee Structure/Delivery Pattern
Temple Hill Primary Academy Nursery is a sessional, term time only (open for 38 weeks a year) early years provision. Our session times are split into morning and afternoon sessions and we also operate a number of 30 hour places.
Morning Session: 8:30am-11:30am (3 hours) Monday to Friday
Afternoon Session: 12:30pm-3:30pm (3 hours) Monday to Friday
Universal Free Early Education
All children are eligible for 15 hours of free funding from the term after the child’s 3rd birthday. This can be claimed in 3 hour sessions as shown above. We do not offer a compressed hour delivery pattern.
Extended Funded Hours (the 30 hour scheme introduced by the Government from September 2017)
Working parents (if criteria met) can apply for extended funding to cover up to 30 hours per week.
Our totally free pattern of delivery is 8:30am until 2:30pm.
An additional session of 2:30pm-3:30pm is available daily (Monday to Friday) at a cost of £5 per day.
This scheme is also delivered in the following way: 08:30am until 3:30pm (7 hours per day) Monday to Friday with an additional charge of £5 per day. This additional £5 charge per day includes a school meal for each child.
We currently run both a breakfast and an after school club for Nursery Children in our current provision called The Hill. Breakfast club is run at a cost of £2.50 per child, per day and after school club is run at a cost of £12.50 per child, per day.
Please note, all of the above patterns of delivery are subject to availability.